Petition

Friday, May 15, 2015

Biblical Rant....Part 2

This is going to be a very long post...but, I am so tired of reading and hearing crap that I am ready to explode and just need to vent and get it all out. Just thought I would warn you all. The ironic thing is, that those who I am venting about, will probably be the ones that refuse or won't be bothered to even read this...or will just skim it and not fully read it all and grasp what I am saying and then ponder it and give a valid, calm and educated response to it....but, such is life. LOL
And… so I begin.....
All of the "Social Conservative" people should take a second and ask themselves this......
Does the sexual orientation or any other "personal preference" of someone else (especially people you do not even know), affect your personal life in any way, shape or form? 
Do their personal preferences and the way they live their lives affect or change your beliefs, your personal morals, or the way you live your life?
If your answer is "No" (as it should have been), then why must you get your panties in knots, complain, protest, and be judgmental, hateful and bigoted? 
Don't you people have problems/concerns/issues in your own personal, day to day existence that should be your focus and priority? 
....And, PLEASE do NOT give me, "well the Bible says....." , because last time I looked it also said,
"Thou shalt not judge" (Luke 6:37) and "He who is without sin cast the first stone" (John 8:7), "Love thy neighbor" (Mark 12:31), " Do unto others as you would have them do to you" (Luke 6:31) and "Therefore, whatever you want people to do for you, do the same for them, because this summarizes the Law and the Prophets." (Matthew 7:12). It even tells you to, "Love thy enemies..."! (Matthew 5:44).
How can you people pick and choose what parts of the Bible you are going to toss out there just to harass/hurt/condemn others?
Believe it or not, I do know the Bible quite well. I was also at one time very involved, active and into church. The same people I see condemning and passing judgments and preaching on the lifestyle preferences of others, accept things like: Divorce...remarriage...children born out of wedlock....I have seen showers and weddings for marriages other than the first...showers and celebrations for young, unmarried mothers....and even couples living "in sin", unmarried to each other, active and accepted into the fold of congregations. 
*The Bible says that divorce is wrong: (Therefore what God has joined together, let man not separate" Matthew 19:4-6 and also; "God hates divorce" Malachi 2:16 )
* It says Adultery is a sin ("I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for marital unfaithfulness, and marries another woman commits adultery." Matthew 19:9...also see 1 Corinthians 7:11 and Luke 16:18)
It also says: “No one born of a forbidden union may enter the assembly of the Lord. Even to the tenth generation, none of his descendants may enter the assembly of the Lord." Deuteronomy 23:2
*in regards to unmarried persons having sex (aka living in sin): "Flee from sexual immorality. Every other sin a person commits is outside the body, but the sexually immoral person sins against his own body." 1 Corinthians 6:18 (also see 1 Corinthians 7:1-8)
*There is also the matter of some of the 10 Commandments (Exodus 20:2-17) that I know for a fact MANY church going Christians violate sometimes daily....
I'll begin with this one...one that annoys me beyond belief that almost every, single church going Christian violates weekly....Commandment #4 "Remember the Sabbath and Keep it Holy".....anytime you do dishes, laundry, run errands, or go to work after church, you are in violation...also by shopping or going out to eat, you are not only violating it yourself, but because someone else has to work in order for you to do these things, you are causing them to violate it as well....
Commandment #9: Baring False Witness" ....Gossiping falls under this one as people often circulate rumors with, "I don't know this is true, but I heard..." (Gossiping is also addressed in James 3:2, Titus 3:1-2 and 1 Peter 2:1 among others).
Commandment #10 "Coveting"...I have heard ugliness from these people making jealous and envious statements about the new home/car/etc. of others....
Commandment #7 "Adultery"...See above
Commandment #3 taking "the Lord's name in vain"....a simple OMG! Falls into this category....
Commandment #8 "Stealing"....omitting or claiming something wrong on your taxes....getting too much change and not taking it back to the cashier.....realizing they didn't charge you for an item you had in your cart, but you "don't have time to go back" to the store....and so on....things I have seen people do....all fall into this category.
YET, it seems the only "sin" listed in Bible people seem to remember and toss about when they are in "Good Social Conservative" mode is that being gay is wrong and a "abomination"...... 
Really people? You look away and fail to acknowledge your own guilt of sin at everything I listed above and more, but you can be prejudiced and bigoted against others because of who they fall in love with? That is not only infuriating but so pathetically sad.
I really wish all the Social Conservatives would go stand in front of a mirror and take a good long, hard look at yourselves.....Are you perfect?....Sinless?.....Without Fault?....
Unless you have been treading water with Jesus, then your answer should be "No". Maybe, you should work on yourself and your immediate family and let others be. I for one get really tired of seeing people I love and care about (including my own child) get hurt and upset/offended by the cruel, hateful comments and the harsh judgements cast against them by these Socially Conservative Hypocrites. 
The God I grew up believing in and worshiping spoke of LOVE and KINDNESS....not hate, nastiness and cruelty. 
OK....I'm done....I got it all out of my system for now. 
So, go ahead and rip into me....I can more than handle it.

~Shea Clarke
04-03-2015

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your thoughts and comments.
~Shea