Petition

Monday, May 18, 2015

Naked


There are times I love being naked.

I love being naked in the flesh.

I love feeling the air and sunlight on my naked body.

When my body is naked, I feel free and alive.

I love the feel of my husband's naked body against mine.

But, naked isn't just an experience of the flesh.

It is also an experience of the heart and soul and mind.

When my soul and heart are naked I feel scared.

I want to hide.

I hate the openness of that kind of naked.

While the naked flesh is beautiful and poetic

the naked soul and heart are frightening and sinister.

I have no issue showing my flesh.

Showing my soul and heart though, makes me terrified.

I am not comfortable with that much exposure.

~Shea Clarke 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your thoughts and comments.
~Shea