Petition

Saturday, May 16, 2015

The Descending



Darkness descends upon me.

There is no way to stop it and no light bulb bright enough to erase it.

I can feel the darkness pulling me downward.

Completely evaporating my entire being.

Every noise around me sounds out of tune, and every sight out of focus.

The air is cold and harsh, yet my body is too numb to feel it.

I am like Alice spiraling out of control down the rabbit hole.

Everything is spinning about and rushing by me at a hundred miles per hour.

Yet, I see myself moving in slow motion, so slow I seem distorted.

As I spin out of control, I see faces of people I know quickly spin past.

They seem so close yet when i reach out to touch them they are no where near.

I can hear myself scream deep inside my soul, a scream only I can hear.

There is no way out, No way to stop, no one can help.

All I can do is close my eyes tightly and pray that eternal slumber will soon come.    

~Shea Clarke 
2009

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your thoughts and comments.
~Shea