Petition

Friday, May 15, 2015

Marygrace's "Experiment"

By-Shea Clarke
September 2001




When I first learned that I had an extremely intelligent and gifted child, I was warned that Marygrace would blossom and advance in ways that I never imagined. And until today I wasn't sure what that meant.

I went out to the laundry room to do some laundry this morning, our laundry room is actually a screened in porch, and it has these ledges where the wood holds in the screens that are basically shelf like. You can put plants etc there….

Anyway, out of the corner of my eye I saw a glass coffee mug on the ledge and thought, “what’s that doing there? Not a good spot for something glass.” I went over to it and when I saw its contents I screamed, “OMG, this is gross”, and almost got ill.

Marygrace heard my horror filled exclamation, and came out to see what the big deal was. When she saw what I was upset over she said, “Oh cool, we got some”…….I was like, “What do you mean?” and she said, “Those are mine” and was so proud of herself….

What was in the mug you may be asking? Well, before I tell you, I will warn, it isn’t for the squeamish…inside the mug was (shudder) a bunch of maggots.

My darling daughter saw a documentary on flies and wanted to see how long it would take get some. So, she took a bit of milk, a bit of cut up hot dog, a bit of left over Mac & cheese, and put into the cup and left outside. And lo and behold, she had her experiment. YUCK!!!!!!!!

She was so very bent out of shape when I quickly added Lysol and then flushed it all and then lysoled and hot watered out the mug. She wanted to see how long it would take for them to become flies.

So…now the science channel and animal planet and discovery channel are outlawed until further notice without constant adult supervision. LOL


Kids…got to love them.

At least I know she *is* learning and inquisitive though...The bright side…right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your thoughts and comments.
~Shea