Petition

Friday, May 15, 2015

Until I Met You



Once upon a time I believed in happiness.
I believed in fairy tales and ever after.
Once upon a time I believed in love.
But, then, I met you.

Once upon a time I thought I could do anything.
I believed the world was mine for the taking.
Once upon a time I believed I could be someone.
But, then, I met you.

Once upon a time life seemed carefree
I believed I was beautiful and worthy.
Once upon a time I believed I mattered in this world.
But, then, I met you

Now I know what it means to hurt deep inside.
I now believe you’re only doing time until you die.
Now I know what it feels like to cry.
All this because… I met you.

Now I know that love is wicked and it at times stings.
I also know that tomorrow things won't be, as they now seem.
Once upon a time I never dreamed life could be so complicatedly crazy and extreme.
But, then I met you.

Shea Clarke
09-12-2011


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your thoughts and comments.
~Shea